How do I upload a folder to a $root container inside a blob? RRS feed

• Question

• I am unsure if I am doing something wrong or whether it is a feature request. Also I am unsure where to report my issue.

Using the Azure Portal. When I try to upload a scripts folder to my $root container I get the error

upload error for validate-form.js
    Upload block blob to blob store failed:
    Make sure blob store SAS uri is valid and permission has not expired. 
    Make sure CORS policy on blob store is set correctly. 
    StatusCode = 0, StatusText = error

I have also logged it at 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47849705/cannot-create-folder-in-azure-blob-storage-root-container

Monday, December 18, 2017 9:36 PM

Answers

• I see that Bruce Chen has already answered your question on Stack Overflow. Feel free to continue your conversation on SO to avoid duplication.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Marked as answer by kirsteng Wednesday, December 20, 2017 12:20 AM
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 9:27 AM

All replies

• Have you tried using storage explorer?
    Monday, December 18, 2017 9:59 PM
  • Yes. I can upload to other containers without issues.  

• Edited by kirsteng Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:02 AM
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:02 AM
  • I see that Bruce Chen has already answered your question on Stack Overflow. Feel free to continue your conversation on SO to avoid duplication.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Marked as answer by kirsteng Wednesday, December 20, 2017 12:20 AM
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 9:27 AM
  • Hey Kristeng, here's the full documentation on modifying, uploading/copy on the root folder: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/storageservices/working-with-the-root-container

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 4:18 PM
  • Hi Adam as per the Stack Overflow link, the answer is that the $root container does not support folders. 

This seems silly since the other containers do allow them.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 7:48 PM
  • @kirsteng: You might want to leave your feedback here: Azure Storage Feedback.

Thursday, December 21, 2017 8:23 AM