none
Connect to an opened port [Client-Server] RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm currently making a program which helps people chat with each others through LAN network. But, I have a problem is that the client cannot connect to an opened port in a machine. For example

Machine A is a server, I open a server on this computer. IP Address : 127.0.0.1 Port : 27015

I use Machine B and Machine C to connect to that server, but every time, it's fail. I got an exeption that said connection was refused .

How can I solve this problems ? Thank you :)

Thursday, September 11, 2014 5:15 PM

All replies

• You need the LAN IP of the machine that is hosting the service. The client machine's config file for WCF must point to the IP, and the firewall on the host machine must have the inbound port opened so that the client machine can make the inital contact with the service running on the host machine.
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 9:18 PM
  • You need the LAN IP of the machine that is hosting the service. The client machine's config file for WCF must point to the IP, and the firewall on the host machine must have the inbound port opened so that the client machine can make the inital contact with the service running on the host machine.
    Actually, I don't understand your answer . Can you give me more detail about this ?
    Friday, September 12, 2014 2:04 AM