none
Missing cs classes like IdentityModel.cs and StartUp.Auth.cs in Visual Studio 2017

Question

• So i've downloaded VS17 community edition and i'm missing cs classes like IdentityModel and Startup.Auth which I had in VS15. I've downloaded Entity framework through Nuget but still can't see them in my model and app_Start folders.

Can anyone help me please?

Sunday, March 26, 2017 9:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Vers19,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

>>>Missing cs classes like IdentityModel.cs and StartUp.Auth.cs in Visual Studio 2017

That is because the default authentification option: "Individual User Account" is different between Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2017. In the Visual Studio 2017, this default option is :"NO authentification". if you want add IdentityModel and Startup.Auth you just need to change the option to "Individual User Accounts" after click change the authentification button and select Individual User Accounts.

Hope this can help you.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Vers19,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

>>>Missing cs classes like IdentityModel.cs and StartUp.Auth.cs in Visual Studio 2017

That is because the default authentification option: "Individual User Account" is different between Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2017. In the Visual Studio 2017, this default option is :"NO authentification". if you want add IdentityModel and Startup.Auth you just need to change the option to "Individual User Accounts" after click change the authentification button and select Individual User Accounts.

Hope this can help you.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:04 AM
  • @Vers19, I have verified the answer on the latest Visual Studio 2017, it works fine. Does the answer resolve your question? If not, would you please let me know the latest information about this issue. Thanks.

Friday, March 31, 2017 10:21 AM