none
Problem in creating query for an Inventory application RRS feed

• Question

• I am adding a module to my program for controlling inventory. My tables are as follow.

But I have a problem in mixing Receipts and transfers from items in a query. The operator add items to inventory by adding them to "tblInventoryReceipt" and deduct items in "tblInventoryTransfer". But when I want to create a query and join Transferred and received item in one query, it's not possible.( Making a query based on tblInventoryTransfer,tblInventoryReceipt and details of them). I don't know my problem is in designing database tables or creating a special type of query.!When  I want to relate the tables in a query it show me incorrect information and statistics. I tried different relationship types but it didn't worked.

Regards,

• Edited by kvaziri Sunday, October 11, 2015 6:33 PM
    Sunday, October 11, 2015 6:30 PM

Answers

• But I have a problem in mixing Receipts and transfers from items in a query. The operator add items to inventory by adding them to "tblInventoryReceipt" and deduct items in "tblInventoryTransfer". But when I want to create a query and join Transferred and received item in one query, it's not possible.( Making a query based on tblInventoryTransfer,tblInventoryReceipt and details of them). I don't know my problem is in designing database tables or creating a special type of query.

Use a single table for both, having a field to identify comming (positive) and going (negative).

Build a little, test a little

Sunday, October 11, 2015 8:46 PM

All replies

• What are those "transfers"? How do the relate to stock and reciept?
    Sunday, October 11, 2015 7:50 PM
  • But I have a problem in mixing Receipts and transfers from items in a query. The operator add items to inventory by adding them to "tblInventoryReceipt" and deduct items in "tblInventoryTransfer". But when I want to create a query and join Transferred and received item in one query, it's not possible.( Making a query based on tblInventoryTransfer,tblInventoryReceipt and details of them). I don't know my problem is in designing database tables or creating a special type of query.

Use a single table for both, having a field to identify comming (positive) and going (negative).

Build a little, test a little

Sunday, October 11, 2015 8:46 PM