none
Response not received from WCF, no error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I wonder what is going on with my BizTalk application. I polled records from SQL Server using WCF SQLBinding and pushed the records to an Oracle DB using WCF OracleDBBinding. The record were polled and written correctly, however, the response that is supposed to receive from Oracle was never received. No error encountered, so I am not sure where the response from Oracle has gone.

Please see the attached printscreen of my Orchestration. The port is 2 way Send/Receive port

The Receive Location, Ports and Send Port were set up properly (I think). Please see print screen. But the message response from Oracle Server was never received although the records were updated correctly inside the Oracle DB.

Please advise if you see something out of line.

Thanks,

• Edited by FrankTo Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:17 PM
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:01 PM

Answers

• Ok, but what have to done to create the "file that records teh response from Oracle"?

The Orcestration in the pic does Receive the Response from Oracle but does nothing with it, you're essentially just throwing it away.  That would be the InsertResponse.

"Maybe the response was received but it was not save in the receive port that used FILE transport."

It would not do that.  The File Receive is One Way and is really totally disconnected from the Oracle Operation.

If you want to see the Oracle Response, you can either:

1. Add a Send Shape after Receive_2 to again Publish the Oracle Response to the MessageBox, then route that to a FILE Send Port.
    2. Add a Send Port that subscribes directly the the Oracle Send Ports response messages.  You can use the BTS.SPName property for that in a Filter expression.
    • Proposed as answer by Jattt Tuesday, March 18, 2014 10:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by FrankTo Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:54 PM
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:46 PM

All replies

• So, what do you expect to happen?  The Orchestration is configured to Receive the response Message, then Complete without taking any action.

If you're not getting a error and the Orchestration is showing as Completed, then the Response is being returned as expected.

• Proposed as answer by Muhammad Ehsan Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:46 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Muhammad Ehsan Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:46 PM
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:21 PM
  • BoatSeller,

I would expect a file that records the response from Oracle. Normally, I would think Oracle will have a response saying how many records added or something like that.

When I use WCF OracleDBBinding, Oracle auto generated 4 entry point:

-ROTATION_RECORDSETINSERT

-ArrayOfROTATION_RECORDSETINSERT

-Insert

-InsertResponse

I have a BizTalk message that uses InsertResponse and the orchestration is waiting for it from the Oracle port. I am supposed to receive the message, am I not?

Maybe the response was received but it was not save in the receive port that used FILE transport.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:29 PM
  • Ok, but what have to done to create the "file that records teh response from Oracle"?

The Orcestration in the pic does Receive the Response from Oracle but does nothing with it, you're essentially just throwing it away.  That would be the InsertResponse.

"Maybe the response was received but it was not save in the receive port that used FILE transport."

It would not do that.  The File Receive is One Way and is really totally disconnected from the Oracle Operation.

If you want to see the Oracle Response, you can either:

1. Add a Send Shape after Receive_2 to again Publish the Oracle Response to the MessageBox, then route that to a FILE Send Port.
    2. Add a Send Port that subscribes directly the the Oracle Send Ports response messages.  You can use the BTS.SPName property for that in a Filter expression.
    • Proposed as answer by Jattt Tuesday, March 18, 2014 10:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by FrankTo Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:54 PM
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:46 PM
  • Oh,Yes... that's right, I did nothing... Sorry, I am still new to this BizTalk saga... Thank you so much!!
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:53 PM