none
Documentation for Peer to Peer Grouping API RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there any document which explains how Windows Peer-to-Peer Grouping API is implemented?

It is explained that Grouping API uses Graphing API and PNRP to implement its functionality.  I have read those two documents which explains Graphing API and PNRP. But they do not explain how Grouping API uses them.

I have written Windows Application using Grouping API, so to inter-operate with that application from other platform, I will need this document.

Thank you in advance

Rajesh

Friday, April 8, 2011 2:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Rajesh,

We currently do not have a specification that describes the implementation of the Grouping API in our Open Specifications documentation set, however, there is some description of how the API works here.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Friday, April 8, 2011 2:21 PM
  • Rajesh,

actually, I take that back.  We do have an Open Specification for the Peer to Peer Grouping technology.  You can find it here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff362524(v=PROT.10).aspx

If you have any questions about that specification, please feel free to post here or send an email to dochelp at microsoft.com.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Friday, April 8, 2011 4:09 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. Actually I have seen that document but through that it is to do security and did not ready fully.

Once again thanks and I apologize for not checking existing documents before asking.

Rajesh

Friday, April 8, 2011 4:27 PM
  • Glad to help Rajesh.

Tom

Friday, April 8, 2011 7:53 PM