SharePoint 2007 Summary Graphic in webpart from a List using Excel RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a list containing purchases, the person who made the purchase, and the month of the purchase.  I'd like to create a graph of the counts of purchases on the y-axis, the months on the x-axis, and the lines with a different color for each purchaser.

Ultimately, I'd like the graphic to be in a web part on another page.

1. Can data be exported from a list to an excel spreadsheet (automatically?) which produces a pivot table to summarize the counts.

2. Can you create a graph (connected scatter graph?) from that data in excel.

The graph would look something line:

40 -|

- |

30 -|

-  |    z      z              z                       y              x

20 -|             y                         y           x

-|   y                        x          Z          x              z

10 -|    x                                                               y 

|_________x_____________X________________

JAN      FEB      MAR      APR      MAY      JUN     

x- john   y- sue  z=fred

(imagine x is red, y=green, and z=blue.  the red x's are connected by a line, the green y's are connected by a line, the blue z's are connected by a line.

So, this group should be a part of the spreadsheet that comes (hopefully automatically) from the list.

Finally, i'd like that graph from the excel file to appear on a SharePoint page.

Is this even possible to do OTB?  Any suggestions on either things to do, code to try, or places to look which would explain how to do this?

To summarize: we have a SharePoint list -> excel workbook -> pivot table -> graph -> SharePoint web part

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:02 AM

Answers

All replies

• Sorry, the graph looks a little off.  Each month should have an X, Y, and Z above it; each X, Y, Z should be Red Green and Blue.  All the X's are connected, all the Y's are connected, all the Z's are connected.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:04 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post!

From a support perspective this is really beyond what we can do here in the forums. If you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, consider opening a support case with us. Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs: 

http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?RDPATH=gp%3ben-us%3bofferprophone

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Cece Dong Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:11 PM
    Monday, July 29, 2013 1:06 AM