Unique values within each folder in a document library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've a requirement that each projects in my application will have 3 types of document say 'Type A', 'Type B' and 'Type C'. So  for 'Project 1', i can upload only one document of 'Type A'. If user tries to upload another document of 'Type A', then it should give error. This can be implemented by enforcing unique values for a column, in which the user can select the document type. But in this case, i'm forced to create a separate document library for each project.

As the number of projects can grow, I want to implement it in a single document library. Wherein there will be a folder/document set for each projects. But in this case i'm not able to implement the validation where in each project should have only 1 document of a particular type, since enforcing unique value for a column is for entire document library and not restricted to any folder/document set

Any help would be appreciated.

Nitesh Earkara
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:03 PM

Answers

• would suggest you to create a little event handler and attach it with the library to validate whether the folder has a similar valued item or not.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:14 PM