Synchronisation Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am developing a windows application using VS 2008, SQL 2005. Basically its a medical application where the application itself is installed at a practice along with a copy of the database so the practice can work offline. The application is installed at the head office as well with a copy of the master database which has every practices data. I need a synchronisation architecture that will allow me to synch the data from all practices up to the head office as well as from the head office down to each practice.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:23 AM

All replies

• Now the requirement can be approached in two different ways :-

1. Write a WCF Service which will do a data sync on a timely basis(Schedule) from practices offline database to a temporary head office database. Once the data sync is done to the temporary database, schedule a job in the database which functionality is to insert the new records and update the existing records if there are any changes done to the exisiting data.

Then Schedule one more service, which does update the database from practice database from head office database.

2. Write an SSIS package, and the same logic can be followed as point 1...

Regards,
    Vishal Mohan
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:07 PM
  • Thanks for the response Vishal,I never make something clear in my initial post.
    Each practice and the head office has no link. There is no network,vpc etc. Each practice either connects via ADSL,or 3G to the internet. That is where my issue comes in. I am unsure of how to connect from the head office to the practice.

Regards
    Kirk
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:15 PM
  • No, i have not tried this with 3G or ADSL...

Regards,
    Vishal Mohan
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:13 AM
  • Friday, October 2, 2009 12:13 PM