locked
Polish resource file not working RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have added resource files for French and German to my English app and it works fine. When I add a resource file for Polish pl-PL it does not work and English is used. I did add pl-PL as a supported language in *.csproj.

    What am I missing?
    Sunday, April 1, 2012 10:06 PM

Answers

  • I rebuilt the resource file and it now works. The filenames look identical, so there must be something in the content.
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 10:30 PM

All replies

  • Is your project targeting Windows Phone OS 7.1 ?

    Polish display language was not supported in 7.0.
    see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh202918(v=vs.92).aspx 
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 6:48 PM
  • The app was created in the past month with version 7.1. The app works in English, German and French, but when I add a resource file for Polish, it stays in English. I did a check and

     

    Thread

     

     

    .CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture.TwoLetterISOLanguageName has a value of "pl", which says it is Polish. "pl" is in the apps SupportedCultures.

    John... Visio MVP

     

     

     

    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:05 PM
  • I rebuilt the resource file and it now works. The filenames look identical, so there must be something in the content.
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 10:30 PM