Better pricing for adding seats please? RRS feed

• Question

• User70 posted

Hello,

I'm a one man show, single user business. I'm a computer fanatic, I have my main Windows dev machine at work, one at home, and a MacBook Pro with both Mac OS and Windows 8. I have an iMac 27 at work. I have an iMac at home. I like to buy new computers as most do and with Xamarin supporting both Windows and Mac for both Android and iOS development it makes me want to explore the different platforms, i.e. is it better to do my Android work on Mac instead of Windows? I have great tools in Windows (DevExpress CodeRush, etc.) but Android Emulators run better on Mac.

In the past I think you could develop using a free trial scenario with no deployment capability or were restricted to sim/emulator only? I don't know if that remains. I also don't know if there is the option to release "seats" to reactivate a different system should I want to change from Win to Mac or vice-versa.

I saw the option to add seats, well, for me that's another $999 to add another system. Again, I'm a one man show, single user. I'd like to have "user licenses" so I can enjoy Xam on ALL of my computers and not have to worry about this. I feel tied down here and hope there is a better way to do this but I want Xamarin getting every penny they deserve too and not be abused by those that do abuse licenses.

Please consider an alternate way to handle "seats" or allowing a reduced price to add seats. I have no problem giving Xamarin money - they deserve it, but I can't stomach $999 to add one of my computers to my desired tinker toys.

Lastly, please consider 3 seats to be the default. This would allow me such as in my scenario of work, home, travel (Desktop Desktop Laptop) to be used.

Thanks! I'm glad to see the price increases, I even told Miguel at WWDC I didn't think they were asking enough and they deserve more - it's phenomenal work! Can't say thank you enough Xamarin.*

Neal

Sunday, March 3, 2013 3:59 PM

All replies

• User730 posted

From another thread:

"Xamarin is licensed per-developer, not per-workstation. We'll give you as many activations as you need for your computers, as long as you are the only dev using them. Please email support@xamarin.com to get straightened out."

See: http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/5297/#Comment_5297

Monday, March 4, 2013 12:06 AM
  • User70 posted

That's fantastic - thank you! Now I can get all my machines activated and not have to sweat the licensing and keep up with what's what.

Monday, March 4, 2013 12:32 AM