How to save output files to storage when creating Batch task by portal RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating Batch task through Azure portal, and my task read input file "A.txt" from Azure storage and output a file which name is "B.txt"

After I run the Batch task, I can view the "B.txt" from "Files on node".

How can I save "B.txt" at Azure storage through Azure Batch portal?

Monday, November 11, 2019 9:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can persist the output files of the tasks to the storage account. We need add that configuration while crewating the task itself.   But we cant chive that using portal. When you create a task via API, you can add the configuration for saving files in the storage account.

They are explained in this document.

The above method is integrated with the azure batch.  Additionally you can write custom scripts also and run them along with the task executable to store the files in the storage account. That option is discusses here

We have one more option as well.

You can add a startup task for a node which mounts that storage account to a node in a particular directory.

Then in your task executable, you can simply move the output files to that mounted directory.

For the benefit of the community, please click on "mark as answer" for the replied which helped you to solve your problem.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please share the tutorial if you are following one.

I think from portal we cant achieve that.  i will verify and let you know.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

You can persist the output files of the tasks to the storage account. We need add that configuration while crewating the task itself.   But we cant chive that using portal. When you create a task via API, you can add the configuration for saving files in the storage account.

They are explained in this document.

The above method is integrated with the azure batch.  Additionally you can write custom scripts also and run them along with the task executable to store the files in the storage account. That option is discusses here

We have one more option as well.

You can add a startup task for a node which mounts that storage account to a node in a particular directory.

Then in your task executable, you can simply move the output files to that mounted directory.

For the benefit of the community, please click on "mark as answer" for the replied which helped you to solve your problem.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:04 AM