I am not getting NetworkOperatorHotspotAuthenticationTrigger when i establish WiFi network connection RRS feed

• Question

• I wrote a background task, with NetworkOperatorHotspotAuthenticationTrigger as trigger. when i connect to any Wifi network, my background task suppose to run. It is working fine in one machine, but with the same code my background task is not running on other machine.

i wanted to know any kind of limitations for NetworkOperatorHotspotAuthenticationTrigger? need help on this.

thanks in Advance.

Venkat.

Windows Desktop, Windows Phone developer.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:01 AM

Answers

• If it's working fine on one machine but not another, it doesn't sound like your code is to blame.  How many other machines does this work on/fail?  You might have an issue with certain hardware/drivers in that failing machine.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, August 9, 2013 12:09 PM

All replies

• If it's working fine on one machine but not another, it doesn't sound like your code is to blame.  How many other machines does this work on/fail?  You might have an issue with certain hardware/drivers in that failing machine.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, August 9, 2013 12:09 PM
  • Hi Matt,

I am also facing the similar problem. I tried the Hotspot sample provided on MSDN and also tried this through Windows 8 Store MBAE App, I create a metadata and did provisioning.

I am able to do provisioning successfully and even the Hotspot shows connected in Wi-Fi list but when i browse it redirect me to Hotspots portal for login, even i am not able to debug this as the background task doesn't get triggered.

Please help me.

Regards,
    Rahul Jaiswal

Regards, Rahul Jaiswal

Friday, March 14, 2014 6:44 AM