none
x86 and x64 are missing in configuration manager. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to change the target platform of my windows mobile 6.1 app from Any CPU to x86. But I am not getting x86 in the list of Platform drop down in configuration manager. I tried to add a new configuration manager through Active solution platform. It is added in Active solution platform list, but still not showing in the Platform list in Project Contexts. 

Can any one tell me how I can able to change the target platform from Any CPU to x86 in vs 2008 ?

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Anand,

You may need to create a application in VS and choose a x86 platform to compile the application with x86 CPU. During the wizard of a new application you get to a screen in which you choose your target platform (a list of installed SDKs is displayed). If you choose an SDK that is for x86, then the program will be compiled using the x86 option.

Besides I think this might be the known issue: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rmbyers/archive/2009/06/09/anycpu-exes-are-usually-more-trouble-then-they-re-worth.aspx Seems VS2010 with .NET 4.0 is changing something.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:31 AM