SharePoint 2013 Will not overflow RRS feed

• Question

• First of all, I caution everyone that I am very much a novice at this. With that said here we go;

I have created a SharePoint list on my companies SharePoint 2013 site. Looks nice but the columns width get squashed together. Created some script and was able to make the columns wider. As I added more columns I expected there to be overflow and get a scroll bar at the bottom. But instead my columns get squashed together again and it seems as if the script has no effect.

My question is this.

1. How do I get my custom list to allow overflow and the scroll bar to appear at the bottom?
    2. How do I get the JSON code to work… it seems to not work at all

Thank you to anyone that can help me.

Friday, March 1, 2019 11:27 AM

All replies

• What code did you use to accomplish the widening? If you make a CSS file (.txt) and host it on the same site you can write in some padding for the table and the cells to accomplish this you can also use max-width or set width to auto. 

Friday, March 1, 2019 4:50 PM
  • Hi Buckd,

If want to make custom list view web part have horizonatal overflow bar, you could directly use CSS Style below to achieve:

1. Find Out the list view web part id using Browser Developer Tool:

2. Add the CSS code, set max-width and overflow white-space property:

<style type="text/css">
    #scriptWPQ2{

white-space: nowrap !important;
    	max-width:300px !important;
    }
    </style>

Finally looks like this:

For script issue, you could check the error using Browser Developer Tool and debug.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, March 4, 2019 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

You can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, March 8, 2019 12:35 AM
  • Hi Buckd,

Would you please provide a update of this question ?

Thanks

Best Regards

Monday, March 18, 2019 6:01 AM