none
Something is wrong with my Window Debugger!! Help please!!

Question

• I downloaded VS2015 yesterday. When I try to use Window Debugger to run my c++ program and see the results, (Ctrl+5), my VS interface freezes and you can only close it through the Task Manager. Is there any setting up I need to do before I use VS2015?? Let me know if you help to solve this annoying problem and let me know if you need more information. 

I am not sure if there is someone who has already asked about similar questions, but I did some research online, and I end up asking for help here. 

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Michaellil,

>>I downloaded VS2015 yesterday. When I try to use Window Debugger to run my c++ program and see the results, (Ctrl+5), my VS interface freezes and you can only close it through the Task Manager.

So you mean that you run your app using "Start without debugging", but your VS freezes, am I right?

Just create a simple VC++ Win32 console app, and then clean and build your app, run it again using F5, how about the result

(1) If all VC++ Apps have the same issue, I suggest you repair your VS, maybe it is the setup issue.

(2) But if just one specific app has this issue, I suggest you debug your app with breakpoints, and make sure that whether it is related to the specific line code and get more detailed messages. Of course, you could get detailed messages from the Output windows or the Error list windows.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 01, 2016 8:44 AM

All replies

• In your panic you accidentally posted in a forum about Microsoft Access database product. Try finding one more in line with your issues.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:34 AM
  • Hi Michaellil,

>>I downloaded VS2015 yesterday. When I try to use Window Debugger to run my c++ program and see the results, (Ctrl+5), my VS interface freezes and you can only close it through the Task Manager.

So you mean that you run your app using "Start without debugging", but your VS freezes, am I right?

Just create a simple VC++ Win32 console app, and then clean and build your app, run it again using F5, how about the result

(1) If all VC++ Apps have the same issue, I suggest you repair your VS, maybe it is the setup issue.

(2) But if just one specific app has this issue, I suggest you debug your app with breakpoints, and make sure that whether it is related to the specific line code and get more detailed messages. Of course, you could get detailed messages from the Output windows or the Error list windows.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 01, 2016 8:44 AM