none
Unified Write Filter RRS feed

• Question

• I've added the Unified Write Filter and added all my exclusions in, after I did sysprep to enter Audit mode, I was expecting that the Write Filter would be enabled but it wasn't.  Is the Write Filter service enabled after OOBE or do I have to run another command after OOBE to enable the Write Filter service?

Thanks.

Friday, May 22, 2015 9:22 PM

All replies

• UWF is disable on boot to audit and oobe. You have to enable UWF. The reason it is disabled, is to allow for other software and setups to be performed on the target OS before UWF is enabled.

UWF can be enabled with a sync command and the a call the shutdown.exe to reboot the system.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, May 22, 2015 10:46 PM
  • Thanks for clarifying.  I'll look into this.
    Saturday, May 23, 2015 5:32 PM
  • just to be a little more clearer: The sync command can be setup in the sysprep unattended file.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Sunday, May 24, 2015 4:35 AM
  • Dear Scott:

you can write a UWF Master Servicing Script (UwfServicingMasterScript.cmd)

uwfmgr.exe servicing enable

shutdown /r /t 0

and then put it to the sync command (run once)

BR~

David

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 1:28 AM