How can I convert the contents of a code snippet literal to upper case? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In some code snippets I would like to use the data a user enters in a literal on several places, but with changed case, sometimes just the first letter to lower case and other times the whole string to upper case.

Is there some way to accomplish this?

Regards,
    Lani

Friday, December 23, 2005 11:53 AM

Answers

• If you are writing a language service for your own language service then it is possible.  Please let me know if this is the case and I'll provide further details.

If you are writing code snippets for existing languages such as C#, VB, HTML or J# then this is not possible in VS 2005.  The reason is that we currently only provide the ability to execute code based on inserting a code snippet to the language service.

Thanks,
    Sean Laberee

Thursday, January 5, 2006 1:30 AM

All replies

• If you are writing a language service for your own language service then it is possible.  Please let me know if this is the case and I'll provide further details.

If you are writing code snippets for existing languages such as C#, VB, HTML or J# then this is not possible in VS 2005.  The reason is that we currently only provide the ability to execute code based on inserting a code snippet to the language service.

Thanks,
    Sean Laberee

Thursday, January 5, 2006 1:30 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing code snippets for C#, and when creating diffrent code snippets for properties it would have saved us a lot of time if this would have been possible, it would also have inforced our coding standards.

I hope that this is a feature that could be added in the future.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Regards,
    Lani

Friday, January 6, 2006 1:01 AM