none
Keyword not supported: 'provider'. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i've a problem in the opening of a web page in a dot net project.

I have a class connection the works quite good in all the other pages, but when i open a certan page i receive this error message:

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'provider'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'provider'.]
       System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.ParseInternal(Hashtable parsetable, String connectionString, Boolean buildChain, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean firstKey) +6667710
       System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions..ctor(String connectionString, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean useOdbcRules) +134
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString) +103
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionOptions(String connectionString, DbConnectionOptions previous) +35
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPoolGroup(DbConnectionPoolKey key, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions poolOptions, DbConnectionOptions& userConnectionOptions) +294
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ConnectionString_Set(DbConnectionPoolKey key) +60
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +89
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection..ctor(String connectionString, SqlCredential credential) +40
       paiweb.diariaNew.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +261
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

i've no idea on why it's happen, the same project have no problem in warking on other server!

if hope some one can help me.

Thenks

Friday, March 3, 2017 8:16 PM

All replies

• There goes something not as intended. 

You need to check your code. A pity we cannot help you with that, because currently you're the only one who sees this. 

Success
    Cor

Friday, March 3, 2017 8:27 PM
  • You have the Provider argument in your connection string and you are using SqlClient. This argument should be removed from the connection string in your code and/or .config file.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Friday, March 3, 2017 8:51 PM
  • All Cor's does is troll. Get glasses.
    Saturday, March 4, 2017 11:12 PM
  • Hello,

i've a problem in the opening of a web page in a dot net project.

I have a class connection the works quite good in all the other pages, but when i open a certan page i receive this error message:

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'provider'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'provider'.]
       System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.ParseInternal(Hashtable parsetable, String connectionString, Boolean buildChain, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean firstKey) +6667710
       System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions..ctor(String connectionString, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean useOdbcRules) +134
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString) +103
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionOptions(String connectionString, DbConnectionOptions previous) +35
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPoolGroup(DbConnectionPoolKey key, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions poolOptions, DbConnectionOptions& userConnectionOptions) +294
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ConnectionString_Set(DbConnectionPoolKey key) +60
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +89
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection..ctor(String connectionString, SqlCredential credential) +40
       paiweb.diariaNew.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +261
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

i've no idea on why it's happen, the same project have no problem in warking on other server!

if hope some one can help me.

Thenks

Re-check all the strings in the configuration. I guess the error points in the right direction.
    Saturday, March 4, 2017 11:17 PM