Anyway to view changes to a currently open, and changed file? RRS feed

• Question

• User1864322503 posted

Hi, this might seem like a bizarre question,

I have a file open currently, that has been open for quite some time. I don't really remember what I have changed to it (chances are, it was just an accidental keystroke, and can be tossed), but i'm not certain. Is there anyway to view pending changes to the file if you were to save it? I supposed I could commit to my repository and view the before and after diff, but is there an alternative to doing that within VS?

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:09 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

HI,

You can try using tfs to do the version control and to view pendding changes,

From the Pending Changes window, you can check in or revert changes.

To open the Pending Changes window

1. On the Window menu, point to Show View, and then click Other.

The Show View dialog box appears.

2. Expand the Team Foundation Server node, click Pending Changes, and then click OK.

All pending changes for your Team Foundation Server workspace appear. The Change column indicates the type of change that is pending.

3. (Optional.) Click the channel buttons to view additional information about this check in.

For further information: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg475893(v=vs.100).aspx

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:00 AM

All replies

• User-1028151323 posted

Not sure what you're using for source control, but with Git when you're committing you can see the changes before you actually perform the commit.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:17 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

HI,

You can try using tfs to do the version control and to view pendding changes,

From the Pending Changes window, you can check in or revert changes.

To open the Pending Changes window

1. On the Window menu, point to Show View, and then click Other.

The Show View dialog box appears.

2. Expand the Team Foundation Server node, click Pending Changes, and then click OK.

All pending changes for your Team Foundation Server workspace appear. The Change column indicates the type of change that is pending.

3. (Optional.) Click the channel buttons to view additional information about this check in.

For further information: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg475893(v=vs.100).aspx

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:00 AM