none
Navigate to containrized web app running in docker on windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am new to docker. I created docker enabled .Net core web app in VS 2019. I can see it running in Kitematic . I want to access it on browser like : https://localhost   or http://localhost.  I tired to click execute on Kitematic and do: dotnet run I get : do you mean to run dotnet sdk commands.....

I am using Windows 10 Pro.  What commands can I use in Powershell or Git bash to be able to access it in browser?

Monday, December 16, 2019 3:53 PM

Answers

• I am not sure. I did many things in between. On windows container I did docker inspect and got the IP address which I used to access the site 
    • Marked as answer by kobosh3 Friday, December 27, 2019 3:53 AM
    Friday, December 27, 2019 3:53 AM

All replies

• Hi kobosh3,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I notice that you are using a .NET Core web app. I suppose you want to distribute your app. But the donet run command is usually used to run an app.

If you want to publish your app to Kitematic, I suggest you could try to use the following command:

donet WebAppCore.dll

in addition, for more details, you could refer to the link.

Hope all above will help you and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Anna 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 6:08 AM
  • Hi kobosh3,

What about your issue now? 

Did you still have this issue following my steps?

If you have resolved it, you can share the solution here, which will be beneficial for other members with the same issue.

If you did not, please provide us more information, I will try my best to help you.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 19, 2019 10:23 AM
  • I am not sure. I did many things in between. On windows container I did docker inspect and got the IP address which I used to access the site 
    • Marked as answer by kobosh3 Friday, December 27, 2019 3:53 AM
    Friday, December 27, 2019 3:53 AM