How to return back to Windows 7 from Windows Developer Preview?

Question

• I need help, i installed windows developer preview and i need to come back to windows 7, i just got my PC about a month, my mother bought and downloaded Windows 7 home Basic, and i want to come back to Windows 7! Please tell me how I can back to windows 7 without buy it again
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:17 AM

Answers

• so If you have installed it in the same part disk so this mean u have lost your old windows.

instead if u installed it in defrense part disk just login  in your old windows and format the WDP 

Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:21 AM
  • Back up all of your data that you need , then insert Windows 7 DVD and boot with DVD and then chose to format the partition that Windows 8 been installed and chose to install Windows 7 ( it is custom install). Then follow steps to install Windows 7 and after that restore your back up files and install your software.
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:45 AM
  • Hi Camilo97,

if you do not want to keep the WDP, you may install Windows7 on the same drive you installed your WDP on, else you may choose a different drive, and keep your WDP as well as your Windows7 in a dual boot. You won't loose your Windows 7, if you have lost its ISO and boot media, you can re download it and install using your original purchased keys.

Irfan

Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:56 PM

All replies

• so If you have installed it in the same part disk so this mean u have lost your old windows.

instead if u installed it in defrense part disk just login  in your old windows and format the WDP 

Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:21 AM
  • Back up all of your data that you need , then insert Windows 7 DVD and boot with DVD and then chose to format the partition that Windows 8 been installed and chose to install Windows 7 ( it is custom install). Then follow steps to install Windows 7 and after that restore your back up files and install your software.
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:45 AM
  • Hi Camilo97,

if you do not want to keep the WDP, you may install Windows7 on the same drive you installed your WDP on, else you may choose a different drive, and keep your WDP as well as your Windows7 in a dual boot. You won't loose your Windows 7, if you have lost its ISO and boot media, you can re download it and install using your original purchased keys.

Irfan

Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:56 PM