Issue to deploy Endpoint Protection on VM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Az support ,
    I have some issues to deploy endpoint protection on VM and i don't have any logs.

Let me explain, we have many vm OS win 2012 and we go through security center to install endpoint but we have to deploy first VM Agent and for this we connect in rdp to the vm and have installed the agent but Azure does not see an agent installed 

Can you procure some help please?

Thks!!

Thursday, November 22, 2018 10:13 PM

All replies

• Are you running Classic VMs or ARM vms? 
    Monday, November 26, 2018 5:48 PM
  • Hi,

We are running Classic VMs.

Thks

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 3:12 PM
  • Apologies for the delay in response. For some reason I did not get a notification that you replied. 

Appreciate the extra details. 

Try using PowerShell to see if the VM agent install correctly

$CSName = "<cloud service name>"$VMName = "<virtual machine name>"$vm = Get-AzureVM -ServiceName $CSName -Name $VMNamewrite-host $vm.VM.ProvisionGuestAgent

Additional info can be found here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/extensions/symantec#install-symantec-endpoint-protection-on-an-existing-vm

The doc is for symantex endpoint protection but it shows how to properly check that the VM agent is installed. 

Friday, November 30, 2018 2:49 AM
  • Hi We have try with using powershell and the result is blank

Friday, November 30, 2018 2:49 PM
  • Do you have the ability to open a technical support ticket? If not, you can email me at AzCommunity@microsoft.com and provide me with your SubscriptionID and link to this thread. I can enable your subscription for that request. 

This way we can have a Support Engineer take a look and help you get unblocked. 

Friday, November 30, 2018 8:50 PM