Kinect Microphone not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have been working on kinect for like 2 moths.I just upgraded from sdk 1.5 to sdk 1.6. Everything is working fine except for the microphone.When ever I launch an audio application from tool-kit it says my kinect audio not found.I Have installed the same SDK on another pc and everything is working fine on it.I have kinect for xbox. The audio drivers are installed correctly because its showing "Kinect for windows audio array control" in device manager under Microsoft kinect and also "Kinect USB Audio" under sound,video and game controllers. I had removed all previous versions of sdk and drivers before installing the new one.Please help me figure this out.
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 11:22 AM

All replies

• edit:I even installed the previous 1.5 version but still the microphone is not working.Is there any software that is blocking it or any settings I have to check?
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 12:40 PM
  • there's a section on this blog that might help http://www.kinectingforwindows.com/2012/10/19/installing-the-kinect-for-windows-sdk-v1-6/

Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:07 PM
  • Thank you very much for replying.I have posted my problem there.Please suggest more forums or resources that can help me resolve this issue quickly because there's  a project I am working on that requires speech recognition and its getting delayed.Thank you
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:58 PM
  • did you read the section about sound settings? What is showing on your machine?
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:04 PM
  • yes I did.And everything matches to perfection.The drivers are showing in device manager.The "microphone array" is showing in sound settings and it is set to default.Though I de fragmented my registry today and ever after that its not working.I mean the day before yesterday when I updated to sdk 1.6 everything was working (the microphone as well) but today after I de fragmented the registry the microphone is not working but everything else(colour stream,depth stream,infra red ,skeleton) is.Does registry de fragmentation has anything to do with this?
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:33 PM
  • defrag shouldn't have affected this, but have you tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling?
    Friday, November 2, 2012 1:15 AM
  • Yes........For like 5 times......here are the steps i followed.......

uninstall drivers from device manager.

uninstall sdk and all other components from programs and features.

reboot

unplug the kinect and reinstall the sdk and toolkit.

plug in the kinect and wait for the drivers to install

run the audio app from toolkit

Friday, November 2, 2012 10:22 AM