MSMQ MQ series Bridge RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an environment in which messages comes to our system via IBM MQ from other networks to an IBM MQ queue on our server from where this is directed to the BizTalk server.

My question is, can this can be replace with the MSMQ MQ series bridge. Ie. Can the IBM MQ on other networks can post message to a MSMQ-MQ series bridge on our server? Or is this bridge is only for transferring message from msmq queues to MQ's and not vice versa? Please share your thoughts. 

• Moved by Steef-Jan WiggersMVP Friday, October 28, 2011 3:38 PM Adapter related (From:BizTalk Server General)
    Friday, October 28, 2011 3:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Which version of BizTalk Server you are using? With HIS 2010 the MSMQ MQ series bridge has been removed and you can use the BizTalk Adapters for IBM WebSphere MQ (MQ Series), or the Microsoft WCF Channel for WebSphere MQ
    Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Friday, October 28, 2011 4:04 PM
  • Please see

Using the MSMQ-MQSeries Bridge

"...

If you are familiar with code that writes messages from .NET Framework to MSMQ and have experience of writing JMS code to work with WebSphere MQ, enabling interoperability using the MSMQ-MQSeries Bridge is straightforward."

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] BizTalk: Sample: Context Routing and Throttling with orchestration
    • Marked as answer by Rts_hbg Friday, October 28, 2011 6:48 PM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 4:04 PM
  • Thanks Leonid. That link helps. Diagram 9.3 had my answer in it. Have a nice haloween weekend!
    Friday, October 28, 2011 6:49 PM