WMP SDK for VS 2015? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a windows media player SDK available for use in VS 2015? I am developing in Windows 7 for both 32 bit and 64 bit machines. I use WMP SDK to write DSP plug-ins and visualization plug-ins. Is WMP SDK included in Windows 10 SDK? Or should I use an older version of Windows SDK?

I also want to be sure that the DSP plug-in wizard is available in VS 2015 under "New Projects".

Monday, October 26, 2015 4:25 PM

Answers

• I did manage to configure the one in Win 7.1 SDK for VS 2015. I created a new DSP project, but haven't attempted any development yet, but plan to. (I have already developed DSP plugins and visualization plugins using earlier versions of VS.)
    • Edited by bsaucer1 Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:07 AM typo
    • Marked as answer by Weiwei Cai Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:03 AM
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:05 AM

All replies

• Hi bsaucer1,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Could you please tell us what project type are you using? We need to know the project type to move this thread to suitable forum for a better and which also can help us create a sample project to verify your question in our side.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:30 AM
  • Hi bsaucer1,

>> Is WMP SDK included in Windows 10 SDK? Or should I use an older version of Windows SDK?

I didn't find the WMP SDK in my windows 10 SDK(actually the Windows 10 SDK was included in the VS2015).

>>I also want to be sure that the DSP plug-in wizard is available in VS 2015 under "New Projects".

Actually I also didn't find the wizard in my VS2015.

I did some research about this WMP SDK and DSP plug-in wizard, I found some documents here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd758070(v=vs.85).aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd562788(v=vs.85).aspx

The document was old document, so I think that it has a limitation in VS2015 now.

Since this issue would be related to the Windows Desktop Development requirements, I suggest you post this issue to the windows desktop development forum, so we could really know that whether the WMP SDK was included in the old/new Windows SDK or others. 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?forum=mediafoundationdevelopment

Sincerely,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 12:29 PM
  • I did manage to configure the one in Win 7.1 SDK for VS 2015. I created a new DSP project, but haven't attempted any development yet, but plan to. (I have already developed DSP plugins and visualization plugins using earlier versions of VS.)
    • Edited by bsaucer1 Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:07 AM typo
    • Marked as answer by Weiwei Cai Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:03 AM
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:05 AM