none
Microsoft Exchange MultiSite Setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I would like to setup the fallowing exchange 2010 standard sp1 environment. Lets say i have site A with Active directory and exchange 2010 with all the rools installed ( HT, CAS, mailbox ) and i have Site B with a 2nd DC and exchange installed with the same rools. the servers see each other because they are in the same AD but in different sites. there is only 1 internet facing server which is site A. Site A and Site B are connected over VPN. my question is as fallows, all mail is coming in through Site A, lets say i have User 1 and his mailbox resides in Site B what happens to the message if the VPN goes down?

thanks

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 10:10 PM

Answers

• Message will stay in the queue on the closes Hub Transport server to destination site. In your case, email will be in queue on Hub Transport server in SiteA, if it can't be delivered to SiteB.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Damir

• Proposed as answer by damirdMVP Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yiddy Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:09 PM
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:28 PM

All replies

• Message will stay in the queue on the closes Hub Transport server to destination site. In your case, email will be in queue on Hub Transport server in SiteA, if it can't be delivered to SiteB.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Damir

• Proposed as answer by damirdMVP Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yiddy Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:09 PM
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:28 PM
  • Thank you!
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:10 PM