Azure FTP connector encoding RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using Azure FTP connector to generate XML files to FTP server at a partner site.

The file generated is in UTF-8 encoding and our partner is expecting in ANSI format.

Our partner getting some unwanted characters, as they are expecting ANSI encoding.  

How to generate xml in ANSI format?

Thank you,

Praveen.

• Moved by Sheethal J S Friday, April 20, 2018 6:36 AM Best Suited Here
    Friday, April 20, 2018 6:12 AM

Answers

• Hey Praveen,

Not sure if you're still having this issue but you can always use an Azure Function as an Action in your Logic Apps Flow which will give you much greater control and flexibility. 

Your LA flow could be something like below:

1. Trigger fires from FTP Connector: File is uploaded or updated
    2. Azure Function: Pass the File Content to your Azure Function instance for encoding conversion. This is where you'd use the language of your choice that's supported by Azure Functions (C# F# Javscript) to convert the encoding. In my test, I was able to do accomplish part in few mins with Javascript and Encoding package that is available on NPM
    3. Action: FTP update file to overwrite the original file with new content that is encoded

In Designer View, the above looks like this: 

And my Azure Function:

On the other hand, since your post is 5 days old at the time of this writing and if you have already discovered a solution that worked for you, would you kindly share it with us here so that others visiting this post can learn from it?

Thursday, April 26, 2018 7:01 AM