Extended starter kit RRS feed

• Question

• User-636744667 posted

Hi, I have looked through preious posts and can't find anything that helps me so decided to start a new post.

I have started doing the extended started kit, and have created the admin page, but there seems to be lots of instrustions missing. I have worked my way around abit but am getting stuck on the brows and upload links in the Admin page.

Am new to this so don't know where to start.

Does someone have a definitive list of instructions or have the pages already set up that i can download.

Thanks

IW

Sunday, June 24, 2007 4:29 PM

Answers

• User1598898722 posted

It is pretty easy to upload files to your server. Here is what I did on a project I did once:

If FileUpload1.HasFile Then
                FileUpload1.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("~\" & FileUpload1.FileName.ToString()))
                Response.Redirect("~/default.aspx")
    End If

All you have to do is add a FileUpload control with id FileUpload1 and it should work.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2007 4:54 PM

All replies

• User1598898722 posted

Have you taken a look at CSK 2?

Monday, June 25, 2007 12:00 AM
  • User-636744667 posted

Hi Thanks, for that have had a look through it and will try it out tonight. One thing how do i transfer those files into Web developer, as I said new at this and want to get it right.

Also in the extended started kit, they have the option of uploading files. This is what i was struggling with earlier and does not seem to be on your version (please correct me if I am wrong), doe anyone know how to finish this part off because as i mentioned earlier the instructions seem incomplete.

Thanks in advance

IW

Monday, June 25, 2007 6:52 AM
  • User1598898722 posted

It is pretty easy to upload files to your server. Here is what I did on a project I did once:

If FileUpload1.HasFile Then
                FileUpload1.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("~\" & FileUpload1.FileName.ToString()))
                Response.Redirect("~/default.aspx")
    End If

All you have to do is add a FileUpload control with id FileUpload1 and it should work.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2007 4:54 PM