MYSQL To SQL Server Data type mapping RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all ,

I am currently doing a migration assessment of MySQL to SQL Server database. I wanted to know if there is any reference documentation of data types, procedures and trigger statements in Mysql that are compatible with SQL Server.

Regards,

Shola

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Shola,

>>I wanted to know if there is any reference documentation of data types, procedures and trigger statements in Mysql that are compatible with SQL Server.

Here’s a default data type mapping list from SSMA for MySQL documentation. Based on my past experience, when using SSMA for MySQL to migrate databases, you might need to manually re-write some stored procedure.

Here’s some issue I’ve experienced recently:
    1. Null date conversion issue.
    2. ON UPDATE TRIGGER conversion issue.
    3. Split string by delimiter.
    4. Column comment in MySQL table definition.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ghostme Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:03 PM
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Shola,

>>I wanted to know if there is any reference documentation of data types, procedures and trigger statements in Mysql that are compatible with SQL Server.

Here’s a default data type mapping list from SSMA for MySQL documentation. Based on my past experience, when using SSMA for MySQL to migrate databases, you might need to manually re-write some stored procedure.

Here’s some issue I’ve experienced recently:
    1. Null date conversion issue.
    2. ON UPDATE TRIGGER conversion issue.
    3. Split string by delimiter.
    4. Column comment in MySQL table definition.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ghostme Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:03 PM
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:08 AM
  • Thanks a lot for this
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:03 PM