Windows Mobile 5.0 docs RRS feed

• Question

• Folks, I do not see the Windows Mobile 5.0 docs on MSDN lib, only Mobile 6.0. Are Mobile 5.0 docs still available?
    thx,
    bob
    Friday, January 22, 2010 3:53 PM

Answers

• A lot of the WinMo 6 documentation is applicable to WinMo 5 (assuming you are not working with HTML e-mails). At the bottom of many of the API documentation pages there is also something that indicates the version of Windows CE/Mobile in which a feature was introduced. You can usually infer from that whether or not the feature is available on Windows Mobile 5.

It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 1:28 AM
  • Hi bob,

I agree with Joel, since WM6.0 document is applicable to WM5.0. There is no need to provide two copies of the document.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 6:36 AM

All replies

• A lot of the WinMo 6 documentation is applicable to WinMo 5 (assuming you are not working with HTML e-mails). At the bottom of many of the API documentation pages there is also something that indicates the version of Windows CE/Mobile in which a feature was introduced. You can usually infer from that whether or not the feature is available on Windows Mobile 5.

It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 1:28 AM
  • Yes, I know this. But the Mobile 5 docs "used" to be available on MSDN lib alongside Mobile 6. Is there a reason (other than abandonment of Mobile 5) for this change?
    thx,
    bob
    Monday, January 25, 2010 1:18 PM
  • Hi bob,

I agree with Joel, since WM6.0 document is applicable to WM5.0. There is no need to provide two copies of the document.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 6:36 AM