Data Model Table Orders RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue related to my powerpivot data model. I loaded lots of tables into my data model, and the table ordered by the table name. I am trying to change the table orders. I can drag the table to anywhere I want. The issue is that the table orders not saved when close my data model. When I reopen it, tables still ordered by the table name. Had someone encounter the same issue? Is this a bug on powerpivot data model?

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 11:14 AM

Answers

• Hi Frnando,

According to your description, you are experiencing the table orders issue in your PowerPivot data model, right?

have tested it on my local environment(Microsoft Excel 2013 (15.0.4797.1000) MSO (15.0.4787.1002) ), we can reproduce this issue. Based on my research, it seem that it's the default setting in PowerPivot data model. The table ordered by the table name and we cannot change the orders.

If you have any concern about this behavior, you can submit a feedback at http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback and hope it is resolved in the next release of service pack or product. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, Microsoft might consider to add this feature in the following release after official confirmation.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Charlie Liao Tuesday, April 5, 2016 1:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Wednesday, April 6, 2016 11:38 AM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:23 PM