UI Frameworks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Wondering if anyone can point to some good UI frameworks. I've looked at the Composite UI Application Block and the UI Process Application Block. Just wondering if anyone knows of others that might be worth investigating.

I'm primarily interested in this for use with Windows Forms, not  ASP.NET

Thanks,

Matt

Monday, April 17, 2006 9:24 PM

Answers

• DevExpress has a good framework, Simple Application Framework for .Net.  It handles normal Windows Applications.  It is described in a white paper under best practices.  The download code utilizes their tools, but you can use standard .Net controls in place of them.  It is extensible and easy to understand.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:27 PM

All replies

• I really like MS CAB Block. It has a bit of a learning curve, but it is very flexible and extensible.
    Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:07 PM
  • DevExpress has a good framework, Simple Application Framework for .Net.  It handles normal Windows Applications.  It is described in a white paper under best practices.  The download code utilizes their tools, but you can use standard .Net controls in place of them.  It is extensible and easy to understand.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:27 PM
  • Thanks, I'll look at both.

Matt

Saturday, April 22, 2006 12:20 AM
  • There's also Ingenious MVC framework:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ingeniousmvc

Arnon

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:36 PM
  • I'll start some writing on the MVC topic and implementation of ingenious, if anyone is interested here you have the link

www.itbuilder.com.mx/blogs/gabriel.oliva

Friday, July 27, 2007 4:37 PM
  • Are you talking about Smart Client frameworks, or just those dealing with the visual aspects of the applicatoin?

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 11:37 AM