How to use windows store app store file on Azure? RRS feed

• Question

• I have some image and some user data, I want to store it on blob.

But my project is a  Javascript/html5 windows store app(old name: metro app).

How could I do that?

• Edited by KMoon Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:46 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:42 PM

Answers

• That shouldn't be any problem. You can put your BLOBs and BLOB container as public and access them via URL. 

Your Windows8 Store style app can consume those images/data etc. from blob directly from Azure Cloud. Ensure that you enable Internet Capability to your App; As they need internet to get the resource.

Putting your resources in Azure Storage - Blob or Table is a very good option but please remember that, when your app accesses them, you will be paying for the Storage Cost, Storage Transaction along with out bandwidth (cost Per GB). You need to factor this in your app design, architecture and running.

Naveen [mail@navcode.info]
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:46 PM

All replies

• That shouldn't be any problem. You can put your BLOBs and BLOB container as public and access them via URL. 

Your Windows8 Store style app can consume those images/data etc. from blob directly from Azure Cloud. Ensure that you enable Internet Capability to your App; As they need internet to get the resource.

Putting your resources in Azure Storage - Blob or Table is a very good option but please remember that, when your app accesses them, you will be paying for the Storage Cost, Storage Transaction along with out bandwidth (cost Per GB). You need to factor this in your app design, architecture and running.

Naveen [mail@navcode.info]
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:46 PM
  • Hi - good question!  Will you be downloading or uploading these resources from your Windows Store app?

-Jeff

Monday, October 1, 2012 4:39 PM