none
Consume a OAuth API from Asp.Net web app

Question

• Hi,

What is the best option to consume, from a Web App, an OAUTH2 API?

I saw that there are a lot of external nugget packages, but in Visual Studio 2015, is there any out-of-the-box library to do that?

Thanks.

Monday, March 7, 2016 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi David,

>>What is the best option to consume, from a Web App, an OAUTH2 API?

Please refer to below thread which provided a list of tutorials about how to use OAuth 2 in asp.net. Hope that can help you.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26755573/how-to-implement-oauth2-server-in-asp-net-mvc-5-and-web-api-2

Since this forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, I suggest you post this issue to OAuth Community to get a better help.

>>I saw that there are a lot of external nugget packages, but in Visual Studio 2015, is there any out-of-the-box library to do that?

I don't find any out-of-box library in Visual Studio 2015. If you want to consume OAuth2 from web app with Visual Studio 2015, I'm afraid that you need to use some external NuGet packages at present.

But you can submit your requirement to Visual Studio User Voice and then share the link here. It can let other communities who has the same problem to vote and add comments for your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 4:53 AM