Printing in Asp.Net RRS feed

• Question

• User-48833361 posted
    Hello, Has anyone implemented a generic Print functionality in Asp.Net other than the normal Javascript "Windows.Print"? I am basically looking for something that is normally availabe with windows forms where you can select the printer(s) intalled on the Client machine rather than the printer(s) installed on the Server!! Reason is when you need to print across a very large organization which has web apps running on the server, its very idiotic for the people concerned to run to the server's printer (which maybe across the town,imagine) every time they need a print out!! Most examples i have come across just show about the server's printer collection. Has anyone done something similar to this? any codes,articles ,etc would be very highly appreciated!! Thanx, SSP.
    Monday, March 1, 2004 9:12 AM

All replies

• User-1372641848 posted
    Asp.Net code runs on server side, It can not get any client information other then what borwser provides to it(through UserAgent). I do not think that there is any way to do what you want to do. except you use ActiveX,Applet or some funky DHTML?(which i think would be overkill to achive that). Jigar
    Monday, March 1, 2004 8:03 PM