none
Problem using .NET 2.0 on windows Millennium RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have recently installed .NET framework V2.0 on my laptop running windows Me. Everytime I try to compile my projects I type csc example.cs but when I do that it says "bad command or file name" and I am in the right directory, I can compile my projects fine on my Desktop (XP) but not on my laptop. I know windows Me uses command.com and it is slightly different from DOS on xp but can somebody please show me how to compile my projects please?

Many thanks

HLA91
    Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:19 PM

Answers

•  

The only way I can compile my source is by placing the .cs file in the v2.0.50727 folder. Then I go into that folder in command prompt C:\windows\microsoft.NET\Framework\V2.0.50727 and type csc example.cs and it will compile but I want to be able to type csc example.cs and have the source file in another part of the computer. I have made a system varible in msconfig in the enviroment tab

Varialbe CSC.EXE

Value C:\windows\microsoft.NET\Framework\V2.0.50727

But that didnt work either so I added \csc.exe to the end of the varible but still no luck am I doing something wrong here?

Many thanks

HLA91

Saturday, October 20, 2007 3:01 PM
  • Hi HLA91,

You can add “C:\windows\microsoft.NET\Framework\V2.0.50727” to your system’s PATH environment variable. For the method to do this, please query your windows help system.

Then you can use csc.exe anywhere you want.

Thanks!

Monday, October 22, 2007 3:39 AM

All replies

• With only the runtime installed on xp I find csc.exe in %windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727

Are your current path similar and csc.exe in that directory or do you have the path set to it?

Saturday, October 20, 2007 12:29 AM
  •  

The only way I can compile my source is by placing the .cs file in the v2.0.50727 folder. Then I go into that folder in command prompt C:\windows\microsoft.NET\Framework\V2.0.50727 and type csc example.cs and it will compile but I want to be able to type csc example.cs and have the source file in another part of the computer. I have made a system varible in msconfig in the enviroment tab

Varialbe CSC.EXE

Value C:\windows\microsoft.NET\Framework\V2.0.50727

But that didnt work either so I added \csc.exe to the end of the varible but still no luck am I doing something wrong here?

Many thanks

HLA91

Saturday, October 20, 2007 3:01 PM
  • Hi HLA91,

You can add “C:\windows\microsoft.NET\Framework\V2.0.50727” to your system’s PATH environment variable. For the method to do this, please query your windows help system.

Then you can use csc.exe anywhere you want.

Thanks!

Monday, October 22, 2007 3:39 AM