Problems with Windows App Cert Kit 2.2

Question

• Hello,

When I try to create a package of my application for submission to the Windows Store from VS2012, it Always fails with the message

"Application Error: Application Suspend was not detected for application App. This could be because your application failed to suspend correctly. Please consider re-running the test avoid interacting with the application while tests are running."

My application starts very quickly (500-800ms) and I have no code in the OnSuspend event this should not be the problem.

If I do the same from outside VS2012, the validation succeeds without any problems, so it seems to be kind of bug when using it from inside VS2012.

I have created three earlier applications which are submitted to Windows Store and have never seen these problems before.

Does anybody have an idea of why Windows App Certification behaves like this when executed from inside VS2012, but not when lauched from Windows?

I use:

-Windows 8 Pro x64

-Visual Studio 2012 Update 3

Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Roberts_E Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:30 PM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:16 PM

All replies

• You should be on WACK 3.1 by now.

Background music can mess with suspend.

n.Wright

Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:29 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I'm not doing any background activity when the WACK runs (no Music, browsing etc.)

Isn't WACK 3.1 only for Win8.1 development?

Friday, October 18, 2013 5:49 AM
  • Hi,

Are you getting this error when you test your windows store app through the "App Certification kit" tool?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-UK/windows/apps/jj572486

If not, you need to run the AppCert tool first to see if the same problem(or any warning) is raised. Being able to repro the problem via AppCert tool will help testing and verifying the problem behavior.

For Windows Store app suspend and resuming, there has certain event handlers we can register (so as to do some state persisting and restoring work). I'm not sure if you've registered those events and added some certain code there which might be related to the error.

#How to suspend an app (Windows Store apps using JavaScript and HTML) (Windows)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465138.aspx

#How to resume an app (Windows Store apps using JavaScript and HTML) (Windows)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465114.aspx

The VS 2012 IDE has provided debugging helpers for you to simulate suspend/resume conditions. Here are the related references.

#New Visual Studio 2012 Debugging Features for the Windows 8 App Lifecycle Model
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2012/08/23/new-visual-studio-2012-debugging-features-for-the-windows-8-app-lifecycle-model.aspx

#Debugging Suspend / Resume
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithhtml5/thread/defac346-b7bd-4b0d-b881-252a2c81840c

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, October 18, 2013 7:55 AM
  • Hello,

Yes, as I wrote before, this problem is raised when using the App Certification Kit from inside VS2012 when I try to deploy the application to Windows Store.

When I test it with the App Certification Kit from outside VS2012 Everything works as it should.

Please note that I have no code implemented for suspend/resume events other than the default methods that are implemented for a c# template, so these calls takes no time.

Also, when debugging suspend/resume from inside VS2012 it works fine.

Any other good ideas what the problem can be?

Saturday, October 19, 2013 4:44 PM
  • Update:

I just updated to Win 8.1 SDK including App Certification Kit 3.1 and I still get the exact same error:

"Error Found: The performance suspend test collected the following results:
    Application Error: Application Suspend was not detected for application App. This could be because your application failed to suspend correctly. Please consider re-running the test avoid interacting with the application while tests are running."

Help!!

Saturday, October 19, 2013 6:15 PM
  • Update 2:

Now updated to Win8.1 also and now I get the following report when trying to Create App Packages from Visual Studio 2012:

Application Error: Application Launch was not detected for application App. This could be because your application failed to launch correctly.

Same as earlier, if the Certification tool is executed from Windows it works well and my application will pass the certification tests.

Even worse, creating a blank application will get the same issue reported when Create App Packages is executed from Visual Studio. 

I have also tested to create the packages from a new Windows user account just created), but the result will become the same. There must be something wrong with this tool??? :-(

Please note that I have earlier created three applications that passed the tests successfully.

Any help is appreciated, I'm totally stuck with an application ready to be released.

Sunday, October 20, 2013 12:52 PM