BoundField and GridView Control Designer RRS feed

• Question

• User1786607082 posted

I am working on a custom gridview, I know like there isnt enough of them out there as it is.  But this more of a learning experience so please bare with me.  I create a new BoundField that inherts from BoundField.  I was able to add my properties to it and all.  Right now I can manually add my BoundField to a GridView from HTML Source.  Once added I can see my properties using the Designer but the Designer does not read the values from the Source to populate the PropertyGrid. 

So the first question is how to get the Designer to read my properties?  

Second question is how would one add their custom BoundField to the list of Available Fields of the GridView Columns Collection?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Monday, November 24, 2014 7:32 PM

Answers

• User-1034726716 posted

The Designer is just a visual representation of your HTML markup and it will not do anything else like reading, populating or binding. You have to code it perform such operations. For example getting the data from your database and populate your custom boundfields with those data. Note that the data/properties that you are setting will only reflect when you run your application in the browser.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:28 AM

All replies

• User-1506965535 posted

I create a new BoundField that inherts from BoundField.  

What do you mean by this ? Do you want to add dynamically boundfield to the gridview or something else ?

Can you post some code related to this and also let us know from where do you want the properties to be read ?

Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:08 AM
  • User-1034726716 posted

The Designer is just a visual representation of your HTML markup and it will not do anything else like reading, populating or binding. You have to code it perform such operations. For example getting the data from your database and populate your custom boundfields with those data. Note that the data/properties that you are setting will only reflect when you run your application in the browser.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:28 AM