microphone audio recording not working after page navigation RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason, after I navigate through to different xaml pages other than my MainPage, which has my microphone, buffer, and stream, my audio recording fails. Here's the scenario: I start up my app and everything works fine as it's supposed to. The audio saves and plays back. However, after I go to any different page and then return back to record another audio instance, it does not work. I sometimes get no audio whatsoever recorded and written to the stream, and sometimes I get a few scratching sounds when playing back the audio, otherwise I'll just get silence when playing the stream. I followed Microsoft's own SilverlightMicrophoneSample here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg442302%28v=VS.92%29.aspx but no luck. Can anyone take a look at microsoft's sample and tell me what is wrong with it? Something with the page being reloaded screws up the microphone, buffer, and/or stream. Anyone have a fix? Or is this just a bug I can expect to be fixed in the coming update? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:09 AM

All replies

• I tested adding a second page to the sample and navigating to that second page in between attempts to record audio but I did not detect any problem with subsequent recordings.

Are you by any chance navigating away in the middle of recording or playback?
    What controls are on the page to which you navigate?

Are you using the default back button behavior to return to MainPage?

Thanks,
    Friday, January 14, 2011 8:34 PM
  • I tested adding a second page to the sample and navigating to that second page in between attempts to record audio but I did not detect any problem with subsequent recordings.

Are you by any chance navigating away in the middle of recording or playback?
    What controls are on the page to which you navigate?

Are you using the default back button behavior to return to MainPage?

Thanks,

I am experiencing the same problem. You can reproduce this error by taking the Silverlight audio recording sample, and adding a second xaml where you have all the recording code.

Launch your app, from the main page, click on button to get to second page. Record and play back all you want... works great. Hit the hardware back button, then click on button to get to second page, hit record and then try playing it back and you will get scratchy sounds, or glitches in the playback.

Not sure what is causing this or how to fix it.

Thanks in advance
    Monday, June 6, 2011 6:09 PM