Changing default colors of MessageDialog RRS feed

• Question

• How can I change default colors that are used by by MessageDialog? I want my MassageDialog background to be black and Textblock that is in the MessageDialog to be white. What should I do?

Friday, October 26, 2012 7:25 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Is not possible to change the layout or color for the MessageDialog.

Like Dave said, your solution is creating your own. For I recommend to see the InputDialog in WinRT XAML Toolkit on codeplex. The source code has samples.

You can use it without so much work, because with that you will know what to do...is more easy for you. I have my own messagedialog that use the idea.

Attention with the style for the control I Themes folder...i think this is the name.

Sara Silva
    My Windows 8 Store Apps Samples
    Follow me in Twitter @saramgsilva

My Windows 8 Store Apps: Female Pill | Galinho (Tic tac Toe) | 24
    (If my reply answers your question, please propose it as an answer because it will help other users)

• Marked as answer by Aaron Xue Friday, November 9, 2012 9:12 AM
    Friday, October 26, 2012 8:06 PM
  • How to modify the look-and-feel of a MessageDialog? is an entry point for several possible workarounds.
    Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:53 AM

All replies

• implement it your self.
    Friday, October 26, 2012 7:36 PM
  • But how to do that. I went through all the MessageDialog class description and didn't find the right property to change. Implementing my own user control seems to be quite time consuming, so I'm looking for how to do that in MessageDialog.
    Friday, October 26, 2012 7:51 PM
  • Hello,

Is not possible to change the layout or color for the MessageDialog.

Like Dave said, your solution is creating your own. For I recommend to see the InputDialog in WinRT XAML Toolkit on codeplex. The source code has samples.

You can use it without so much work, because with that you will know what to do...is more easy for you. I have my own messagedialog that use the idea.

Attention with the style for the control I Themes folder...i think this is the name.

Sara Silva
    My Windows 8 Store Apps Samples
    Follow me in Twitter @saramgsilva

My Windows 8 Store Apps: Female Pill | Galinho (Tic tac Toe) | 24
    (If my reply answers your question, please propose it as an answer because it will help other users)

Friday, October 26, 2012 8:06 PM
  • How to modify the look-and-feel of a MessageDialog? is an entry point for several possible workarounds.
    Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:53 AM