none
Errors in Settings.Designer.vb after conversion from .Net 4 to .Net 2 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently had to convert a .Net 4 project to .Net 2.  (I know, but it had to be done.) When I use the app I now get the error shown in the screen shot:

The end of the message makes reference to "config line 5" which is

sectionname="El_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.My.MySettings"type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser"requirePermission="false"/>

I found only a total of three hits on the Internet and only one seemed to be the same problem.  The recommended solution was to make sure that the Properties of all References specified "Specific Version = False" but mine already do.

I could implement my own settings but I'd rather get the official code to work.  I'd appreciate any ideas anyone has.

Thanks, Bob

Friday, August 31, 2012 8:45 PM

Answers

• you searched google... did you search your solution for

System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

I bet its in one of your config files.

remove everything after System, including the comma.

gimme some slamming techno!!!!

Saturday, September 1, 2012 12:01 AM

All replies

• you searched google... did you search your solution for

System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

I bet its in one of your config files.

remove everything after System, including the comma.

gimme some slamming techno!!!!

Saturday, September 1, 2012 12:01 AM
  • Hi Blair,

I don't know how you knew that.  I see no connection what-so-ever between the error message and the stuff in that statement.  But you were certinaly right on the money.

Thanks VERY MUCH!

Bob

Saturday, September 1, 2012 4:39 PM