none
Find My Phone Question

Question

• Hi everyone,

I have recently lost my phone and am not able to find it. When I use the find my phone on the website it gives me a general location for the phone and i checked everywhere around there. I was wondering what else I could potentially do to locate the phone? Thank you so much for your time and I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Cap H.

• Edited by Cap H Friday, April 21, 2017 4:39 PM
    Friday, April 21, 2017 1:02 PM

All replies

• Bing maps is just a control to display data within the find my phone website and that's it. Bing maps doesn't have any other connection with that feature team.

That said, the likely reason why it give a precise location is that location information on phones are not precise. If using GPs for location there is an error of 15 meters. If the location is based on cell tower triangulation there error is up around 300 meters. If ip address is used on a standard internet connection the error can be several miles, but on a cell phone network it can be hundreds of miles. As such the find my phone feature can only provide a location as precise as the data provided to it from your phone. Since it is highly possible that multiple addresses are possible locations for you phone, it wouldn't be wise to provide a single address.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Friday, April 21, 2017 2:12 PM
    Owner