Windows 8 interface for programs not tablet ready

General discussion

• I've been casually using Windows 8 and would like to through out a suggestion to handle applications that are not tablet ready.

How about an Application dock that would utilize a part of the screen to dock any application in while providing an on-screen keyboard and track pad on the lower half.

For at least a while this void would need filling and Windows 8 would really benefit from allow users on Windows slates the option to use they're classics with a familiar UI while having the ability for on-the-job training with Metro.  You wouldn't be leaving them in the lurch so-to-speak.

Tablets are coming fast and using the Win 8 preview is awkward for apps that aren't tablet ready.

This is just my suggestion to kick some nay-sayer comments down before they come.  Pointing with a "finger" mouse on-screen where you are trying to work is tough...overlaying a keyboard on top of my work is tough to use...I'd sacrifice some vertical pixels for a dedicated control space, move the task-bar up and put the keyboard/track pad on the bottom...see my mock-up.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:03 PM