none
Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

I have developed an application in C # that requires the use of the Access database (accdb). In order to use such a database is obviously necessary to install the package AccessDatabaseEngine that contains within itself the DLL, ACEODBC.DLL.

The problem is that the package has a size of 25 MB, and it could be a problem if I wanted to spend my program via an internet connection.

There is an alternative way to install the drivers for connection ACEODBC without using the package of 25MB?

Alternatively, you can also use another type of database (even mdb) that has a provider that does not require a download too heavy

thanks

Sunday, October 27, 2013 11:27 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, whether we want to connect the access database or connect the mdb file, we need to through the database engine - .NET Framework Provider.

Regard.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 28, 2013 2:37 AM
  • You should probably just refer to the download link in your application setup. It's possible the user may already have Microsoft Office installed, in which case install of the components would not be required (or possible).

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Monday, October 28, 2013 12:10 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, whether we want to connect the access database or connect the mdb file, we need to through the database engine - .NET Framework Provider.

Regard.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, October 28, 2013 2:37 AM
  • Hello,

Regard.

Thank you for reply.
    Monday, October 28, 2013 7:08 AM
  • You should probably just refer to the download link in your application setup. It's possible the user may already have Microsoft Office installed, in which case install of the components would not be required (or possible).

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Monday, October 28, 2013 12:10 PM