missing sound and volume control. RRS feed

• Question

• I errased my sound software by accedent when i was cleaning old files from my remove software box. I had a VIA symbol on my desktop icon, when you click onto it a jukebox or boombox would appear and allow me to set volume, mic, and equilizer settings. In my windows tray i had a speaker icon, when clicked you had a toggle switch to adjust volume. i beleive this software was called VIA Audio deck. not sure. When I errased the VIA Icon from remove files program, the via desktop icon on my desktop and my speaker icon in my service tray disappeared. i no longer have sound. I've tried every thing i know to fix it. I can't reset to an earlier time because I messed up my reset system and now i can't go back beyound august. This happened in july. When i download driver update software to check the problem. it says no system device so i dont even know what hardware i have to match the software up with. when i check audio codec and driver devices the trouble soother says they work fine. when i go into speaker, mic, and music it says no device installed.
    Help!!!! I go to online music school, and play many music videos, and play my guitar thru my computer, i need sound. I'm out of work for 6mo. and can't affort to have a tech come in and fix it. i'm so affraid i'm going to screw it up more. Please help. sincerely Red.
    Friday, August 14, 2009 1:35 AM

Answers

All replies