Cannot re-install Visual Basic 2005 Express... RRS feed

• Question

•  

I cannot re-install 2005 Express... It first gave an error (2350) and now I can't install it at all... It says that installing was unsuccessful and that 2005 was not installed...

How am I going to install it?

Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Tekin,

Thanks for your reply.

My suggestion is to try to find windows update KB(KB110806/KB930264/KB929300) in Vista according to the following steps and install them in your PC:

Click "Start" menu -> "All Programs" ->"Windows Update" ->"Check for Updates"

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Citizens on the earth

Monday, September 10, 2007 2:56 AM

All replies

• Hello Tekin,

You can try the following steps to reinstall Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition in your PC and check if it works for you.

1.Uninstall VB 2005 Express package from your PC. If you get any errors when uninstalling VB 2005 Express, try to download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from this KB article- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 and remove VB 2005 Express package from your PC. 

2. Try to download VB 2005 Express Edition from this website - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/aa975050.aspx to your local disk and install it to your PC.

If you get any questions when trying my suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Citizens on the earth

Monday, August 27, 2007 1:57 AM
  • Nope, I still get error 2350...

Monday, August 27, 2007 5:57 AM
  • Hi Tekin,

I checked MSDN documet about Windows Installer Error Messages - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372835.aspx and found error 2350 meant "FDI server error".This has been reported to occur when the installed version of the Windows Installer is too old for the MSI being executed.

If you are using Windows XP, I suggest you to try to follow this KB article and update your windows Installer - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321444

If your OS is not XP, you can try to download Windows Installer Redistributable from this website according to your PC OS - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C&displaylang=en

If you still encounter the same issue, please let me know. Thanks.

Citizens on the earth

Monday, August 27, 2007 9:51 AM
  •  

Hmm, I am using Vista.

No, this didn't work too, now when I try to install the updater it says:

"Not enough storage is available to process this command." and then it says, "installation did not complete."...

Pff, I have no idea what to do with this fabuluos OS....

Monday, August 27, 2007 10:06 AM
  • I think I know what the problem is...

I had to uninstall that KB93803 to be able to install Visual Basic 2008 Express.

Now I can't re-install that hotfix...

I CANNOT believe this...

Monday, August 27, 2007 1:26 PM
  • Hi Tekin,

Are you able to install VB 2008 Express after you uninstall that KB93803 in Windows Vista? What you said that "Now I can't re-install that hotfix" meant "you can't install KB93803 after you install VB 2008 Express in Vista". Is my understanding right?

I checked VB 2005 Express setup system requirement from this website - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/aa718403.aspx#exvb and found it should be able to install in Windows Vista. Have you installed some updates in Windows Vista before you install VB 2008 Express?

If you still have any questions when installing VB 2008 express in Vista, please let me know. Thanks. 

Citizens on the earth

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 1:47 AM
  • Yes thats right.

I install all the updates available all the time. I can install VB 2008 Express, but I have a problem where it says "No Templates Found". I manually located the templates, and opened an empty project. But it gave an error when I tried to show the new form. Also it said that Framework 2.0 wasn't installed and located, I tried to re-install it, but it said that 2.0 was already installed.

So I tried to manually uninstall 2.0, and tried to delete the 2.0 folder within the Microsoft.NET folder. (Here comes the funny partSmile

I can't delete that folder because I don't have access to it although I am an administrator.

Can you believe this??? I don't have access to a folder in MY COMPUTER? pfff, I don't I'll ever work it out...

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 9:20 AM
  • Hi Tekin,

Don't worry about it. I will try my best to help you fix this issue.

Please try my following suggestions:

1.For the permission issue, it can be related to UAC. You can try to turn off UAC temporarily and reboot the machine.

2.Troobleshoot .NET Framework 2.0 issue:

You can try to check out this blog to repair the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 on Windows Vista - http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/26/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-windows-vista.aspx

3.Try to install VB 2008 Express in your PC again after you have repaired .NET Framework 2.0 successfully.

If you have any questions when trying my suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Citizens on the earth

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:11 AM
  • Permission is not UAC related. I've turned off UAC at 1 o'clock 31st of January

The problem exists, VB2008 doesn't find any templates AND gives an error when trying to show a form.

Thanks!

Tekin

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:39 AM
  • Hi Tekin,

Thanks for your updates.

I tried to install VB 2008 Express in my Vista and found it worked on my side. maybe the last action you can try is to reinstall Windows Vista and VB 2008 Express.

Hope this helps,

Citizens on the earth

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 6:40 AM
  • I want to re-install these:

- Hotfix for Microsoft Windows (KB110806)

- Hotfix for Microsoft Windows (KB930264)

- Hotfix for Microsoft Windows (KB929300)

Thursday, September 6, 2007 9:20 PM
  • Hi Tekin,

Have you resolved your issue when re-installing KB110806/KB930264/KB929300 in your Vista OS? Did you have any other questions which needs our helps? Please post back to me.

Regards,

Citizens on the earth

Friday, September 7, 2007 4:24 AM
  • I want to re-install them...

I couldn't find where to download them yet...

Friday, September 7, 2007 11:04 AM
  • Hi Tekin,

Thanks for your reply.

My suggestion is to try to find windows update KB(KB110806/KB930264/KB929300) in Vista according to the following steps and install them in your PC:

Click "Start" menu -> "All Programs" ->"Windows Update" ->"Check for Updates"

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Citizens on the earth

Monday, September 10, 2007 2:56 AM