none
Add-in template for Office Word 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have to do the porting of a template for office 2010 (written in Visual Studio 2010) on Office 2013.

When I'm going to save a file that use this new template, Word 2013 arise an exception and when I reopen the document, the documents' Heading loses formatting. 

How can I understand which components are incompatible with office 2013? And how can I debug if the problem arise after I save the document?

Thank you.

Monday, October 26, 2015 2:54 PM

All replies

• Is it the template which is being used as a .dotm Add-In or is this a .COM Add-In?

I can tell that English is not your first language. You use it well but I do not completely understand what you are saying.

Is this an Add-In for Word or for another Office Program, or for all of them?

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Monday, October 26, 2015 6:25 PM
  • Hi Paolo,

>> When I'm going to save a file that use this new template, Word 2013 arise an exception and when I reopen the document, the documents' Heading loses formatting

Did you mean you develop a word 2010 template project in Visual Studio 2010, but it did not work for Word 2013? What is the error message? How did you use this word 2010 template in Word 2013?

In my option, before you want to use this template, you need to install your vsto project in your new pc. If you just copy the word template, it would not work.

It would be helpful if you could share us details about your operation.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:07 AM