Legacy LOB App - How to publish an appx created with Desktop Bridge to private business store? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a developer working in a company that has a number of legacy applications, some of which are written in VB6.  We are investigating using a private Windows Business Store to deploy those applications to end user Windows 10 applications.  Most of the apps connect to a back end SQL Server database using Windows Authentication.  None of the apps are for commercial or domestic use.

I've created an appx package using the Desktop Bridge Setup Converter tool.  The appx successfully side loads onto a Windows 10 machine.  I now want to "publish" the appx into a private business store only.  I've looked at this page "https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/projects/campaigns/desktop-bridge" and seen that in addition to my name and other details, the form also requests a download site for the app.

Given the nature of the business of the company I work, I don't know that they will allow applications to be made available on a public website before uploading into a private business store.  How can the appx I've generated using Desktop Bridge be published into the private business store without exposing it on a public website?

Monday, February 5, 2018 8:36 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The form is used to verify your app's compatibility with desktop bridge, which will give you permission to upload your package to Dev Center. If you don't have permission, Dev Center will give you package acceptance errors.

Since the website item is required in the form, you still need to provide a Website for it. However, the link doesn't need to be public and all the info you fill in the form will be protected.

If you decide not to publish through Store, you can also distribute LOB apps through sideloading

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Thursday, March 1, 2018 2:25 AM
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 3:08 AM
  • Hello,

Have you managed to publish your desktop bridge app?

If the answer is helpful, you might mark it as answer to help more community member. If you still have any question about it, you could also update here.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 5, 2018 8:17 AM