HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden RRS feed

• Question

• User2117855010 posted

Hi

I have a Hybrid application which uses asp.net web forms and asp.net MVC using Visual Studio 2012 target 4.5 when I run the applicaiton through Visual Studio I am getting the following. Please Help

HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden

The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.

Most likely causes:

• A default document is not configured for the requested URL, and directory browsing is not enabled on the server.

Things you can try:

• If you do not want to enable directory browsing, ensure that a default document is configured and that the file exists.
    • Enable directory browsing.
    1. Go to the IIS Express install directory.
    2. Run appcmd set config /section:system.webServer/directoryBrowse /enabled:true to enable directory browsing at the server level.
    3. Run appcmd set config ["SITE_NAME"] /section:system.webServer/directoryBrowse /enabled:true to enable directory browsing at the site level.
    • Verify that the configuration/system.webServer/directoryBrowse@enabled attribute is set to true in the site or application configuration file.

Detailed Error Information:

Module

DirectoryListingModule

Notification

ExecuteRequestHandler

Handler

StaticFile

Error Code

0x00000000

Requested URL

http://localhost:52281/

Physical Path

D:\temp\Client\Current\Portal   6.0.0.13\MasterPortal

Logon Method

Anonymous

Logon User

Anonymous

Request Tracing   Directory

C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\IISExpress\TraceLogFiles\MASTERPORTAL-SITE

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:15 PM

Answers

• User-1454326058 posted

Hi,

If you are using the asp.net web forms application, please sepcify the default page by right click a page and select set as default page.

If you are using the MVC project, please check the route in the RouteConfig.cs.

On the other hand, please try to create the new project and check the result.

Thanks

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:02 AM

All replies

• User1027872733 posted

problem is with IIS

refer

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6885509/http-error-403-14-forbidden

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:56 PM
  • User2117855010 posted
    I am not how that will help I am getting this when running from within visual studio 2012
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:16 PM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi,

If you are using the asp.net web forms application, please sepcify the default page by right click a page and select set as default page.

If you are using the MVC project, please check the route in the RouteConfig.cs.

On the other hand, please try to create the new project and check the result.

Thanks

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:02 AM